Sunday, December 20, 2009

That's a wrap


Today, I wrapped a short film entitled, "Brotherhood."
I portrayed the supporting role of Mason - a young, wannabe skin head in the late 70's in prejudice Texas.
This has been one of the more professional sets I've worked on - though the filming process was a little drug out due to inclement weather during weekend shoots.

I don't want to give too much away about the storyline, but the film encompasses racism and how it is very much still prevalent in today's society. And yes, there are skin heads in the movie.

A few weekends ago, I smoked my first cigarette. My character is almost always smoking ... I got some tips from other cast members, so I hope it comes across naturally, as I've never smoked cigarettes in my life.

We shot in Bar K Park in Lago Vista today, but the light faded fast as we tried to capture the last scene. Hopefully the lighting matches well-enough w/ the rest of the film and today truly was a wrap for shooting (fingers crossed)! The plan is to rent a venue where we'll have a viewing as well as a party. Anyone want to be my +1? It'd be cool if a red carpet was incorporated ... there was a great photography couple on set. I'll post more pictures once they're available (Above is the cover for the film).

I'm definitely becoming more comfortable with acting on camera - I'm still working on a web-series called, 'Rogue' where I play the lead role; Simon - a hipster kid who channels a dark god and develops certain powers (Check back for a trailer).

The master plan still remains to become a broadcast journalist - preferably on TV, but I could do radio too. I'm just not ready to give up on the dream of being an actor. Will you stick it out w/ me??

No comments:

Post a Comment